Thursday, March 27, 2008

NSTA Conference

Just a quick entry today. I am heading downtown to the National Science Teachers Association Convention in a few minutes. I love this conference as it brings together people teaching science from kindergarten to college. I have required students in my Science for Educators class to attend. People travel from all over the country to attend this conference. I thought it was too good of an opportunity for my students to miss. Most of the students in my class are hoping to become elementary school teachers. I hope the conference helps to make them feel a part of the science community. Yes, elementary and primary school teachers are part of the science community. Science education starts very early and we must do more to help elementary teachers feel confident to engage students in learning science. I hope the conference opens my students eyes to how exciting science can be.

No comments: