Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day Cards

Mother's Day is on Sunday. I am pretty excited as this is my wife's first Mother's Day as a mother. Holidays such as Mother's Day see a surge in the purchase of greeting cards. I've decided to skip the greeting card for Mom this year. The little man made an art masterpiece at the Barn which is much more impressive. If you must send a card, try and think of a green solution.

I want to share a story from a birthday party I was at for my brother-in-law. His family did something really clever and quite green. They would give birthday cards but not sign them. Jim got to laugh at the cards but they weren't personalized at all. Why? So they could be used again. He could take the cards and pass them on to others in the future. I thought this was a fun idea and the whole family was into it so it worked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out "Gracegraphics" at etsy.com for plantable Mother's Day cards! It's a card and flowers all in one.