Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Launch Party

I've been wrestling with what to organize on campus for Earth Day. There are so many great ideas out there, but we can't do them all. I've decided that Earth Day is the perfect opportunity for the official Environmental Studies Classroom launch party. The casework has been installed and the room is ready to roll. On Earth Day, exclusive guests (a.k.a. the Lasell community) will be invited to join me in the new Environmental Studies Classroom. I'll bring some yummy goodies from local suppliers and even bake some organic treats.

To be admitted to the launch party, participants are asked to wear blue. Why blue on Earth Day? Wearing blue on Earth Day is a way to signify that you support an immediate moratorium on the construction of new conventional coal-fired power plants. I am also asking all guests to bring their cell phones. I will be asking guests to call their congressional representatives and ask for a halt on coal. This is part of the Call for Climate event.

We will launch the Environmental Studies Classroom in style by informing public policy. The Launch Party will be on Earth Day (April 22nd) from 3:30 to 4:30 in WASS 3/5. Let me know if you are interested in attending and I'll add you to the VIE (Very Important Environmentalist) list.

No comments: