Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Champlain Valley Adventures

Last night we returned to Cambridge from an extended trip to visit family on the New York side of Lake Champlain. While there was no shortage of rest and relaxation, I took advantage of my time in the Champlain Valley to visit farms in the area and meet North Country residents living the green life. I had the opportunity to visit the Essex Farm in Essex and the Butternut Ridge Farm in Peru. I went to a Fourth of July party at a home that is completely off the grid. I spent time with Jay and Kristen discussing their troubles in finding a loan to build an earth sheltered home on their property. In the coming days, I will share the stories of my adventures to the Champlain Valley. For now, I need to sort through all the packages that arrived to stock the lab for the Lasell College Environmental Studies Program. We now have some cool stuff!

No comments: